Sunday, July 16, 2006

Stormy Weather



I thought of this old song beautifully performed by Frank Sinatra to talk about this. After having been away from the blog for over a month, there are some things I need to write about.
I've had quite a ride at the LCB. There have been some examinations and plenty of assignments to do, but mostly I've had lots of fun. I've even found myself trying to help other people with their difficulties. I mention this because it's very difficult nowadays to find people available to help. This may seem ironic, but people nowadays are quite 'busy' to help others. I don't really know if this is an excuse to remain detached or what, but I don't feel like getting detached myself. I've had lots of self-satisfaction in helping others.

On other matters, and also related with the title........is there any difference as regards good and bad emotions?. Just like the weather, emotions are everchanging, but I don't think there is such a thing as "good" and "bad" emotions, just like "good" and "bad" weather. Do you think, dear reader, that stormy weather is bad for crop fields?. What's really "bad" about rain? I've found many people who talks about this way, just as with emotions.
I strongly think that there are
emotions
, regardless of the quality. Who am I to judge (this is what we do when qualifying) other's emotions? It is true that emotions can do us much harm......but as the Chinese say, you don't have to be there to receive them, if you know they would do you harm!
Anyway, emotions make us do funny things, such as judging peers' performances (I've just seen it an awful lot of it at the LCB), playing people down when someone claims to have more skills than others (again, seen a lot......), and some passiveness as regards letting this happen (I don't claim to be a "truth-holder", but there are some limits on passiveness).


I do hope that all this happens because we are going through chaotic times, that we are treading unknown paths. These are just ramblings from a non-judgmental person, but I'm beginning to get worried about intolerance and passiveness.

PS: I just did this quiz and got this result. Do it and have fun Knowing Thyself!!!



I am a d12


Take the quiz at dicepool.com

6 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pablo,
I loved readig your reflection on emotions. It is really insightful. I completely agree with you. I think emotions exist to be felt, to be dealt with and they are not good or bad, they just affect the natue of our souls. Emotions are the raw material of being human and we cannot avoid them or promote this or that kind of felling, they just happen to us without warning or any sign that they are coming. It is very wise comparing the to weather, I think they are just like it.
Welcome to our learning with computers group.
Big hug
José Antônio

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mary H said...

Welcome to Learning with Computers, Pablo!! I hope you find it to be the helpful place you are looking for. I know it has been for many people, including me.
Kudos to you for such a wonderful blog! Thanks for the introduction to dicepool. I'm a d20 which says I'm loyal and friendly.

Mary

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Pablo Pecorelli said...

Many thanks, Mary!!! Warm welcomes are always welcome!! :):)
I really liked the dicepool.....and it hit right smack in the middle too!!!

Hugs,

Pablo.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Illya said...

Hi Pablo
I'm from the LWCer group and thought I'd greet you here.
As a 6d I am highly predictable and dependable, so just call if you need some advice ;-)
Actually, it sounds rather Swiss (where I live), but my students (Swiss teachers) woul dfind it rather funny.
I'm looking forward to reading more in your blog and hearing from you in LWC!
Illya

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Pablo Pecorelli said...

Hi An!

Ok, I respect that......shyness is very useful sometimes, when there's 'stormy weather' ahead.
There's times for caution and times for daring, so that combination of "shy and adventurous" can be really nice in many situations..... anyway, that d8 is just a roll of the dice....:) :)

Pablo.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Pablo Pecorelli said...

Ha ha!! Dependability and unusuality together? We could make a pretty good team, Illya my friend!!
Thanks for your greetings, and sure I'll be writing there and in the LwC!!

Pablo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home